If you build it, they will come…or will they?
Vancouver SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
When you take the time and money to create a website, you want it to be found in search engines like Google®, Bing® and Yahoo®. You also want to ensure that your website is appealing and functional with interesting content for search engine visitors and potential clients. Just building a website or redesigning your existing site doesn’t guarantee to bring you more visitors or new visitors to your site. If your designer or developer has done their job properly with basic search engine optimization, you should be found if they do a search for your business or organization name. But what about a potential client that is searching for the type of product or service you offer? That’s where our services can help. Good SEO helps optimize your site so that you will be found by people searching for what you have to offer.
Our Vancouver SEO and internet marketing experts at Hurricane Web Design are able to help your website be found, rank higher and receive more traffic.
What is SEO?
One of the main ways internet users find websites is through the use of search engines and likely how you you found our search engine optimization company. SEO is a group of methods or strategies which improves the ability for search engines to first find and then get you better search engine rankings. If your site is optimized in a proper manner, it will be better recognized and ranked by search engines. This will make it faster and easier for potential clients to find your website. Having your website found faster is beneficial to the success of your website and your business. With the help of our experts, we can assist you in increasing traffic from search engines to your website.
Hurricane Web Design is located in the Vancouver suburb of Maple Ridge that uses search engines to increase the visibility of your business or organization. SEO, internet marketing and social media marketing is regarded as a cost-effective way to market your business.
Our Search Engine Optimization services can bring you a higher return on investment than newspaper advertising
Consider the difficulty and cost of running a newspaper advertisement in a series of cities or regions. For example, you’d like your advertisement to run in all of the Greater Vancouver area. You’d likely have to create an advertisement for each city, have it sent to each newspaper and pay for it to run in each newspaper on a specific date or multiple edition dates. Afterwards, you have no idea how many people received the newspaper you were advertised in, read it, looked at the page your advertisement was on, how many people read your ad and phoned or emailed you after reading your advertisement.
Let’s compare that to our services. With SEO, pay-per-click advertising and website analytics (statistics), you you can find out all of that and more. This will allow you to see exactly what techniques are working for you and where your visitors are coming from. You will find that the return on investment is much higher with internet marketing and SEO.
Have a look at some of the SEO results we’ve had for our clients.
The three main factors for good SEO
- Domain name
- Site content
- Site structure (speed!)
- Authority (.gov, .edu)
- RSS subscriptions (Google is measuring now)
Content + Links + Activity = Traffic
Good SEO Strategy
- The most important part of SEO is content and keywords. Get quality, original content and structure it the way search engines want.
- Try to focus on at least 10 keyword phrases for your campaign.
- Longer tail keywords are better. For example:
- “gizmo” is a short-tail keyword that would be difficult to target as there would be millions of sites focusing on that one word world-wide.
- “green LED gizmo in Burnaby” is a long-tail keyword that would be easier to target and likely get you traffic from the area you serve (if you served Burnaby).
- Comment on relevant sites to generate traffic from links back to your site.
- Link building is very important. Expand your link building across multiple sources (press releases, article marketing, and social media).
- If nobody links to you, you’ll be invisible.
- Content plus links but no activity and Google will see you as a spammer.
- Generate some human activity so Google knows you are real.
- Implement a content updating schedule.
- Have your posts immediately posted to Facebook and Twitter as this immediately gets you links back to your site.
- When starting your campaign, it’s always a good idea to do pay-per-click internet marketing at the same time. You can even focus your internet marketing on just your local area if you choose.
Internet marketing at a price you can afford
SEO can be a higher return on investment than traditional advertising. Contact us and talk to our Vancouver Search Engine Optimization experts to find out more about our packages and how they can help you.